About the Role
Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our products & enabling the technology that powers them. We build & operate a self-service platform used by the rest of the company for data ingestion, storage, streaming & batch computation & to train ML models. Were building an ecosystem where consumers & producers of data can depend on each other safely. We thrive to build high-quality systems we can be proud to open source & an amazing experience for our users & ourselves. We regard culture & trust highly & are looking forward to welcoming your contribution to the team.
If youre passionate about building web systems, & you are motivated to make an impact in helping us to create an easy to use, robust & scalable data platform products used by every team, come join us. You will jump into an early stage team & build a self-service data platform. You will help shape the vision & architecture of WeWork's next-generation data infrastructure, making it easy for developers to use data-driven products & features. You are responsible for developing an easy-to-use, powerful web application to power up our self-service solution.
- Lead, build & maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, & scalable full-stack applications for our new internal product
- Work closely with product managers, data platform engineers, & tech-leaders across the Data Platform organization
- Actively look for ways to build & improve the end-to-end experience for users who want to use the data platform self-service application
- Help drive the direction of our growing front-end & back-end architecture
- Building full-stack console applications to power WeWorks Data Platform solutions
- Lead development of high leverage projects & capabilities of the platform
- Partner with architects & business leaders to design & build robust console to power up the data platform products
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions & handling failure scenarios
- 5+ years full-stack development experience
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, & familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools, & workflow
- Strong experience shipping full-stack containerized applications
- Strong experience with web infrastructure & distributed systems
- Strong foundation in algorithms & data structures & their real-world use cases.
- Strong troubleshooting & performance tuning skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) & interpersonal skills & an ability to effectively communicate with both business & technical teams
- Strong understanding of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- 3+ years experience in tech-leadership roles.
- Experience in open source development
- Strong exposure to Big Data tooling
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.