Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools & services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors & colleagues alike.
This role is a new & unique opportunity to work at the intersection of marketing, finance, data analytics, & strategy. The Business Analyst will help build forecast models, analyze performance of marketing initiatives, & track key trends & metrics for the eCommerce business. In this role, you will partner with business leaders to provide the data & analysis needed to make critical decisions for the direction of the eCommerce business. This role will also help support the strategy team with sizing out potential marketing & product initiatives, modeling revenue impact, & prioritize initiatives for testing & implementation.
The ideal candidate is very analytical, curious, business-minded, & has a natural tendency to dig deep into the data to uncover trends & insights. You must also have a keen interest in marketing & optimizing large marketing budgets to hit key business objectives. Additionally, you enjoy working cross-functionally across an organization to make & realize critical business decisions.
This position is a part of our Marketing organization, reports to the Planning Director, & is based out of Shutterstocks New York headquarters in the Empire State Building.
- Equip business leaders with the data needed to make strong business decisions by helping interpret analyses & measuring progress against forecasts.
- Help optimize forecast models that measure & track the output of all marketing spend (ROI, CAC, LTV, Revenue) & update regularly as inputs & market conditions change.
- Track marketing spend across the organization & report on pacing vs budgets.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, & ad hoc reporting needs as it relates to the eCommerce business.
- Identify & size product & marketing initiatives for testing & implementation.
- Identify trends in performance, spend, & product usage that can be used as inputs to various forecasting models & influential factors to how campaigns are being setup & executed.
- Work with the data science team to identify areas for improvement in reporting & decision making tools
- Work with channel owners & provide opportunities to move spend to higher performing campaigns based on region, keyword set, copy, & any additional leading segment.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience with modeling & data analysis, preferably in the eCommerce industry
- Comfortable working with large, complex, & disparate data sets -- strong Excel & SQL skills required.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage various projects across different teams.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment & experience leading through change.
- Show clear, logic-based decision-making with a sense of urgency around meeting business objectives.
- Proven ability to build models, perform complex analyses & forecasting, & deliver executive-level reporting.
- Knowledgeable in marketing & business KPIs.
- Comfortable with different data platforms (internal reporting, web analytics platforms, 3rd party marketing platforms).
- Familiar with digital marketing channels, different attribution models, & B2B & B2C marketing programs.
- Familiar with eCommerce & Enterprise business models & marketplaces.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills with a proven track record of communicating strategies, building business cases & plans, & selling these across a matrix organization.
- Operate successfully in a cross-functional environment -- partner & work directly with other marketing stakeholders, business, sales, & finance teams.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V