Case Management at Policygenius
Our Case Management team creates a seamless client experience throughout the underwriting process for all of our life insurance applicants. Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application through to offer.
- Own & manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, from submission to carrier through to approval
- Carry out regular case review & hastily follow up on all outstanding case requirements
- Create & send new life insurance applications to clients via varying carrier processes
- Receive & review new life insurance applications for missing information prior to submission to the insurance carrier
- Coordinate with appropriate carriers & vendors to schedule, reschedule, & track insurance exams & phone interviews
- Request all supplementary underwriting requirements from clients via electronic communication
- Order & review underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, supplemental forms & other medical requirements for submission to the insurance carrier
- Take initiative to review other than applied for offers (AOTAs) to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application & underwriting processes & software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, & quality assurance) to ensure a seamless & transparent customer experience
- 2+ years work experience in term life insurance case management, service or sales (underwriting experience a plus) & Bachelors degree preferred
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise & workflow mastery in new business platforms across the life insurance industry
- Capacity to organize & prioritize workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, & placed in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely & professionally in both verbal & written communication with internal & external customers alike
- Superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills & passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for clients & for the team
- A teamwork mindset you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, & buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO & co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, & weve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, were proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (weve doubled in size year over year!), weve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, & humor, & we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, & creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why weve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated & is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives & opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, & excellence across all parts of our company, & are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!