Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate to join our Insurance Operations team working remotely.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Insurance Controls & Monitoring team at Oscar drives compliance within Oscar's operational control framework, which includes the Model Audit Rule (MAR) & Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements. We manage insurance controls across business segments & operational processes by coordinating & overseeing the development & application of creative operational processes, identifying potential deviations or trends which may require program/process changes.
You will support regulatory compliance within our operational control framework which includes Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Model Audit Rule (MAR) & Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements, coordinates regulatory audit requests & updates to regulatory procedures to ensure we manage insurance controls across business segments, improve operational processes, & meet regulatory requirements across the full scope of Insurance Operations.
You will report to the Director, Insurance Controls. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, VA. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Identify areas for improvement to create efficiency & scale, including scoping & implementing solutions for operational challenges across the provider, member & claims lifecycles.
- Support development of clear, scalable & dynamic operational processes which support regulatory & audit requirements
- Monitor processes to ensure compliance with control frameworks & adherence to regulatory requirements across Insurance Operations
- Assist process owners in gathering evidence of control reviews & uploading documentation to relevant platforms
- Work with process owners to implement corrective action plans identified in internal control breakdowns
- Use internal tools & technical processes to complete database queries & dashboard creation
- Understand relevant policies & workflows, & assist Insurance Operations with creating & updating regulatory procedures to align with new or changed regulatory requirements
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- Partner with the corporate compliance department during regulatory audits to understand the regulatory data requests & coordinate the gathering of the required information from across the Insurance Operations organization
- Lead & cross collaborate on iterative problem definition & scoping to improve the efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling
- Understand the operations ecosystem, technology & data models & its current strengths & weaknesses, & make value-added recommendations to close gaps
- 3+ years of experience in audit, strategy, operations, health insurance and/or consulting
- 3+ years experience supporting process improvement, assessing & enhancing internal controls, managing projects with short deadlines, & coordinating with internal & external stakeholders
- Experience in improving workflows as well as standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures
- Prior experience with SOX, MAR & SOC1 assessments & control frameworks
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of database languages (SQL)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.