MakeSpace is looking for a Copywriter to help revolutionize the $40 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a talented Copywriter to join the Brand Marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Brand, youll be responsible for developing the voice & copy that drives new customer acquisition across marketing & product, increases retention & reactivation across customer experience, & elevates the brand through bold marketing campaigns.
MakeSpace HQ is based in New York City, but this role is open to remote work.
Our ideal candidate will roll up their sleeves & take on
Brand creative & advertising
- Concept, create & syndicate copy to drive customer acquisition across: Digital: Facebook/Instagram, Landing pages, display, content marketing;
Print: Direct Mail, Print, Sampling cards, OOH; Audio, radio, & more.
- Support internal & external comms initiatives to position ourselves as an innovative & rapidly-growing brand
- Continually look for opportunities to optimize our value props & product messaging based on thorough understanding of consumer needs & cultural currents
Product & user experience
- Dig deep into the product, & find ways to make the MakeSpace experience more magical.
- Find ingenious ways to make complex instructions & rules simple & easy to understand.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop copy across all touchpoints including sales & CS scripts, digital experiences, internal comms & more
Content & Editorial
- Act as editor-in-chief of our fabulous blog, managing the editorial calendar & choosing & refining the right content for our brand.
- Help write articles & thought leadership pieces, collaborating with our CEO & PR firm.
- 3+ years of experience in copy & content at startups, agencies, or highly relevant equivalent
- Portfolio of work as a brand & marketing copywriter, with expertise in crafting entertaining & effective emails, blog posts, social media contentand even the occasional TV spot or billboard
- Product or UX writing experience a plus.
- Understanding of how to work with brand voice & brand guidelines, & able to adapt to different needs & different tones.
- Conceptual thinking skills a must, will partner with design lead & wider team to create concepts & executions from scratch
- Knowledge of platforms & best practices for communicating in each
- Ability to break down complex & unfamiliar services into clear explanations
- A penchant for all things home, organization, & life hacks
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.