Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The Global Client Test Support group defines the testing & certification of new products & services. This role works directly with internal resources, product, development & QA to identify testing requirements & solutions for applicable business test case scenarios.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist & works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. Analyze & troubleshoot user requirements, procedures & problems to automate or improve existing systems under broadly defined practices & procedures. Work with developers in analyzing & developing process improvements for system administration/environmental build function.
The QA Engineer for digital EVS, VDP team has the following responsibilities; they must work with product, development & the IM groups to understand the enhancements, requests & possible misconfigurations to the EVS, VDP system. The focuses of this role is to; test new services, pipe cleaning & beta testing build regression suites for MR / BER testing. (There are about 10 releases a year) Create & maintain the training material.
- Manage 2nd level technical support & operational customer service needs for Visa Client Institutions using one or more of the Visa supplied software products & provide reporting & portfolio management for assigned products.
- Provide day-to-day support to client institutions including response to customer inquiries related to complex web-based software applications issues or questions & ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Serve as escalation point for more junior team members. Provide guidance to staff on all products & services supported by the department as well as non-routine, complex issues.
- Identify, troubleshoot & resolve complex processing, application usage, or business issues.
- Proactively identify & own issues through resolution working with business or development groups.
- Ensure Level 1 support service levels are met or exceeded.
- Perform network / system diagnostics & transaction research to analyze & resolve endpoint problems in both the test & production.
- Understand customer needs, business requirements, & priorities. Develop solutions & recommendations based on business needs.
- Assess operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency & act as liaison for customers between other Visa groups, including the Product Office, Development, & Level 2 Support to act on recommendations.
- Develop tools & educate customers on software applications, usage & functionality.
Bachelors in Information Systems or equivalent combination of education & experience
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in a QA/development role in software, financial or information services.
Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, & test execution.
Defines the quality space & roadmap to address it emphasizing development processes & testing.
Serves as a quality lead for large cross-functional, cross-organizational projects, helping to define the software development processes, & scoping the test requirements. Leads other analyst in gathering test requirements & creating quality test plans for large complex projects.
Proficiency with troubleshooting & resolving complex technical issues related to web-based software applications.
Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, & logical problem solving.
Proficiency providing technical & consultative support to external customers & identify business needs.
Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope & complexity & require significant initiative & judgment.
Proficiency of client-server networking & database management.
Excellent verbal, written, presentation & interpersonal skills are required.
Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
Knowledge in testing web technologies, services, & physical devices. Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS, & HTML.
Knowledge in Microsoft .NET, Java, VB & Java script programming capability.
Knowledge in Automation Testing Tools.
Knowledge in SQL methodologies
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.