The individual be responsible for the preparation & distribution of investor communications, with an emphasis on client reports for private equity fund-of-funds/feeder funds for private clients. Ideal candidate will have constant interaction with WM bankers, brokers, & clients, as well as investment & accounting professionals at the underlying private equity funds.
- Work in a team of investment professionals who are responsible for the preparation & review of quarterly client reporting with respect to private equity, real estate & credit fund-of-funds/feeder funds currently under management. This includes:
- On a quarterly basis, reviewing, digesting & extracting information from the reports provided by the underlying private equity fund sponsors, & drafting the relevant information to be included in the client quarterly reports.
- Preparing, analyzing & reviewing quantitative fund & portfolio company performance information for inclusion in the reports. Liaise with the administrator to determine correct quantitative data for reporting purposes. Ability to understand portfolio company performance & fund valuation drivers is critical.
- Drafting & reviewing interim snapshot reports which detail the most recent info since the last QR including estimated values & recent cash flows in an easy to follow reference tool for management & the sales force.
- Coordinating internal Compliance review & approvals.
- Ensuring timely distribution of reports to clients & WM relationship managers;
- Drafting & reviewing capital call & distribution notices to investors; as well as corresponding investor wire instruction detail.
- Coordinating the mailings of investor communications with third party vendors.
- Ongoing communication with underlying financial sponsors regarding portfolio company activities & their impact on valuation.
- With other members of team, coordinating periodic investment portfolio & valuation reviews.
- Serving as PE product specialist in connection with requests for information from relationship managers & clients (i.e. regarding fund performance, capital calls, tax questions, & other fund-related activities) as well as fund performance update meetings.
- Bachelors degree
- Previous experience in report writing, investor communications & also possess strong finance & business writing skills
- Maximum of 5-10 years experience preferably with private equity and/or real estate industry experience
- Motivated; detail oriented, & must be able to independently solve problems
- Strong knowledge of Excel & have experience with manipulation & presentation of data to varied consumers.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as the success of this position requires continual interaction with external partners, internal business & finance managers on a global basis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize assignments with excellent time management skills
- Proactive team player with positive attitude, willingness to roll up ones sleeves & get the job done, & a desire to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Microsoft office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)