At Iora, the Vice President, Controller is a key member of the leadership team, who helps enable our patients - & ultimately the companys - success. In a high growth / high performance environment, financial accounting systems & other administrative/business processes must support our leaders at the corporate level & at our practice sites. Monthly & annual financial reporting, financial operations, & other activities which provide critical information to Ioras management team & investors will be key to successful management of company resources.
This position will report directly to the CFO & will oversee a team of 5 that is expected to at least double in size over the next 2 years.
This opportunity is Boston based, but consideration would be given to anyone who resides in one of the following states: NH, NC, GA, MN, TX, CO, AZ, WA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leadership: Lead Ioras accounting team as a critical leader inside the company representing the Accounting team; position team as an enabler of the business while maintaining the highest quality standards of financial reporting; create & execute career planning for team members
- Financial & Accounting: Oversee all audit & financial statement preparation & presentation;Coordinate activities of external accounting firm; identify tax issues; manage key financial processes including: Cash flow management & banking, corporate credit cards, A/P, purchasing & A/R; payroll, capital asset management, employee expenses, etc.
- Systems: Identify, implement & oversee the continuous improvement of corporate accounting processes, controls & systems in national & local offices.
- Financial Operations: Optimize all financial operations for accuracy & efficiency; When necessary, assist with establishing & defining HR function to include policies & procedures regarding recruiting/hiring, onboarding, termination, payroll, benefits, PTO, other employment issues & compliance with state requirements.
- Team building: Partner with CFO to build out world class finance team appropriate to Ioras goal of being a multi-billion dollar annual revenue company
- Other: Manage banking, 401k, insurance & other key service relationships.
Essential Candidate Attributes
- Service-minded, positive attitude & collaborative in spirit
- Deeply resourceful; creative in solving problems
- Appetite for uncertainty in context of high-growth venture
- Ability to tell the story of the numbers
- Inclination to see the larger objective, not just the task at hand
- Builds strong working relationships; eager to be part of a team
- Anticipates future challenges, needs, opportunities
- Accountable for own work; capable of working independently
- CPA & a minimum of 10 years progressive experience with accounting firm, or relevant experience in accounting function; some big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
- Strong communication & cross functional collaboration skills
- Ability & desire to develop future finance leaders, & to grow personally as Iora grows
- Experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, Workday HRIS, & cloud-based finance tools preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare (particularly healthcare service delivery or health insurance plan) helpful, but not required
About Iora Health
Iora Health is restoring humanity to healthcare by building a different kind of health system focused on delivering high-impact, relationship-based care. With a network of primary care practices powered by care teams who take the extra step to get to know each patient as a true individual, Iora provides the unique combination of care, support, & inspiration individuals need to live their best lives.
Iora Healths care delivery model ensures improved service, better health outcomes, & dramatically lowers overall healthcare costs. Iora has rethought every step of the process, including payment, staffing, IT, & culture with the goal of improving the experience & quality of care for everyone. They have completely changed the patient experience by building their teams, systems & practices differently. The culture Iora Health has built, both in their clinics nationwide, & in The Nest (their nickname for their headquarters in Boston, MA) is unique & one of their most valuable assets. They recruit care teams, comprised of a doctor, a nurse, health coaches, a behavioral health specialist & a transitions navigator, from the communities they serve. Today, Iora operates across 48 clinics in eight distinct markets with plans for continued expansion supported by top tier investors.