Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
This position will support the attorneys with a focus on the contracts & patent teams.
- Manage the intake, tracking, & routing of Legal contracts requests as the point of contact for incoming requests & inquiries related to contracts across all functional areas
- Manage & assist with updating template agreements, including maintaining a template library accessible to the entire Legal Department
- Assist with preparing correspondence, memorandum, presentations, & other legal-related work products as needed.
- Manage contract approval & signature processes for final agreements
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- IP Department Duties:
- Coordinate patent review, innovation brainstorming, invention disclosure meetings, & patent training meetings
- Assist with administration & reporting on patent program budget & awards program
- Assist with management of outside counsel prosecution & billing practices
- Maintain electronic & hard copy patent files
- Manage & track patent assignment & declaration documents
- Minimum of three years of applicable Legal or Paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate environment
- Experience in contract and/or IP-related matters
- Paralegal Certificate or Bachelor's degree experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment
- Proficient in technology platforms, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as data management tools & platforms
- Ability to multi-task & manage multiple projects
- Strong work ethic & positive attitude
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, problem-solving & administrative skills
- Flexible & ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to interact on a professional level with internal & external business partners
- Ability to work independently, & follow through to completion projects in a timely & efficient manner
- Willing to learn & be open to suggestions/ideas to improve productive & efficiency
- Self-starter with willingness to further develop skills as paralegal & business person
- Excellent communication (speaking, writing & listening) skills.
Allyour information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Local candidates preferred