At Lyft, community is who we are, its what we do, & its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive & diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Public Policy Manager to join our fast-growing & fast-paced team! Based in Atlanta, this position will manage our state & local policy efforts in Georgia & potentially other southeast states. This stellar policy expert will craft Lyfts policy priorities, & work directly with elected officials, policymakers, & key stakeholders at all levels of government. They will deal with regulatory & government issues as a pivotal part of our expansion, building out Lyfts brand, & growing our markets. Come join the exciting ride!
- Develop Lyfts legislative, regulatory, & political strategy throughout Georgia
- Represent Lyft in all interactions with electeds, government officials & staff, including providing testimony in legislative & regulatory hearings
- Track legislation relevant to Lyft at municipal, county & state levels
- Work cross-functionally with Lyft senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Lyfts operations & business interests
- Work closely with Lyfts Community, Public Affairs, Legal, Compliance, Communications, & Operations teams on developing market strategy
- Manage a team of top notch external policy consultants
- Develop & advocate for policies that support the growth of ridesharing & new mobility options, including autonomous vehicles
- 5+ years of political, legal and/or relevant business development experience
- Law Degree strongly preferred
- Proven entrepreneurial & scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic & problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- You love the art of the deal & are a closer
- Natural connector & relationship builder
- A love of travel (lots of travel, often last-minute)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) - you know how to tell a good story & advocate your position
- Lyft user / believer
- Knowledge or background in Federal & state tax policy is a plus.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.