BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for developing strategic & creative recommendations for a variety of advertising partners. Responsibilities also include working alongside the Strategy Management team to develop new-to-world products, produce cultural & category analyses, & working with editorial teams to create sponsorship packages.
- Collaborate with Sales & Branded Content, Editorial, Video, Talent, Social, Production & Experiential Teams to develop strategic initiatives for blue-chip brands across a variety of categories
- Lead creative brainstorms
- Creation of 8x -12x proposals/week
- Proactively produce new ideas & opportunities to service our audience & clients
- Deliver client-facing presentations alongside Account Directors
- Interface regularly with senior management & liaise with a series of internal stakeholders
- Research on audience, categories & cultural trends to inform Strategy & creative executions
- Provide concise art direction to Design Team members
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of strategy, marketing, editorial or comparable creative experience
- Strong writing & grammar communication skills
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate clearly & effectively with internal team & clients.
- Strong Keynote, Powerpoint & Google Slides skills
- Proven project management record
- Well-versed in digital, social media, & experiential marketing
- Strong research skills with the ability to develop insights backed by data
- Extreme attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work in a very fast-paced environment & handle multiple projects at a time
- Passion for lifestyle verticals, including fashion, music, sports, gaming, & pop culture.
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, & the ability to collaborate with a team & work independently.
- Communicates effectively (written + oral)
- Self Aware
- Customer Focus
- Fosters Teamwork
- Manages Change
- Emotional Management
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Forward Thinker
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- Creative/ Out of the Box Thinking
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.