Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Read more about our initiatives here.
In this role, you will be one of the founding members of the Machine Learning Data Science team for our leading marketplace technology company. You will develop & implement machine learning algorithms & personalisation products from scratch that directly impact our customers. You will be partnering closely with our Product, Engineering & Business stakeholders to open up new opportunities & accelerate the growth of the business. Your strong foundations in mathematics, statistics & machine learning & exceptional communication & leadership skills will bring unique insights into our strategy. Your passion for solving problems & sense of urgency will fuel the success of the team.
We are open to applications from UK candidates who are interested in working on a permanent remote basis.
What you'll do:
- Develop ML models to derive insights on customer behaviour & inform product opportunities & strategy.
- Partner with Product teams on developing product roadmaps & leveraging ML techniques to curate a better user experience & drive business results.
- Work with Engineering teams to build the infrastructure & processes to productionise & iterate ML models.
- Collaborate with other Data teams on solidifying the data foundation of Slice, including event logging, experimentation, data modelling etc.
What we're looking for:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent quantitative fields.
- 3+ years of industry experience in Machine Learning or Data Science using mainstream languages such as Python, Spark etc.
- Experience in partnering with product & engineering teams in developing production-level code to deliver ML-backed product features.
- A fun & positive approach to your work, & treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, C++ etc.
- Experience in search & recommendation product a plus.
- PhD preferred.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class engineers who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the engineering skill base & community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
We do not use agencies as we have a strong network of referrals, & also want you to have the best recruiting experience possible. A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.