At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The Customer Growth Team is looking for a Customer Events & Programs Manager to drive both in person & digital events (including executive dinners, meetups, & webinars) for our existing customer base. You will own this global channel end-to-end, from strategy to execution to measurement, & in doing so will partner closely with other members of Customer Growth, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales, & Marketing Operations.
Successful candidates are exceptionally organized & detail oriented, but, at the same time, you can see the big picture to develop overall program strategy & impact. You are able to communicate & develop relationships across teams, act quickly in a rapidly changing environment, & move programs to completion.
This role is a part of our cross-functional Customer Growth team, which owns retention & expansion marketing activities for our existing customers. This a fast growing team addressing a strategic area for the company, so this is a great opportunity to play a role shaping this business unit going forward.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Align customer events to support expansion revenue & retention goals. Develop & manage budget & prioritization across event types & geos with a keen eye on ROI.
- Partnering: Collaborate & drive consensus with internal stakeholders & partners from Customer Growth, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Sales, Marketing & Sales Operations, Finance & Legal.
- Execution: Plan, promote, & host physical & digital events, ensuring timely achievement of programs (or, as appropriate, assist international teams with event logistics & hosting). Foster pre & post-event effectiveness with customer follow up, internal feedback, & finance (procurement & contract processing).
- Reporting: Measure campaign impact through SFDC / Tableau reporting, evaluating campaign & program level ROI, & present recommendations for improvement / impact.
*Note: Some travel required, but negotiable.
- Work Experience: BS/BA degree & at least 3+ years of experience in driving customer focused events & webinars or program management. Previous experience in B2B Marketing (enterprise SaaS, software, etc.).
- Project Management: Exceptional project management/organizational skills with high attention to detail & accuracy.
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to coordinate with & influence internal stakeholders. Able to advocate persuasively for program strategy & results.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrable success with analyzing data & deriving insight for improvement. Focus on revenue, conversion, & business goals.
- Technical Stack: Comfortable using Salesforce.com for campaign & reporting objects. Experience with Marketo campaign creation & reporting.
- Core competencies: Self motivated & able to work autonomously. Able to manage competing priorities & adapt quickly to rapidly changing environments. You can marry high-level creativity & out-of-the-box-thinking with a very detail oriented, hands-on project management style.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.