What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
The Senior Full Stack Engineer is a key member of the lean Cat Person e-commerce team & is responsible for architecting & developing robust solutions to create seamless customer experiences & optimize our headless Shopify e-commerce site. You will be responsible for bringing our brand & products to life on the web by partnering with Product to tackle an ambitious product roadmap, ranging from the implementation of new features within our subscription e-commerce site to translating imaginative creative experiences into conversion-friendly landing pages.
Who you are:
- You are a full-stack web developer that has an eye for quality UI & simplified user experiences.
- You have a go-getter attitude that avoids sitting idle & proactively looks for ways to add value.
- You thrive in a collaborative remote environment that practices lean, user-centered, Agile software development.
- You are a lifelong learner who enjoys picking up new technologies & ways of working, & are excited about how your responsibilities will evolve & expand as the company grows.
- You are eager to play an instrumental role in shaping our culture & capabilities as a tech-enabled CPG startup.
- Experience working at an early-stage startup or in environments of fast change & ambiguity is a plus.
What you will accomplish:
- Deliver high-quality software in the form of enhancements & new features on a continuous basis
- Translate wireframes/visual designs into high-quality & high-performing code. Ensure the technical feasibility of designs while maintaining user-centric focus.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g., Product, Growth, Creative) to shape our outcome-oriented digital product roadmap
- Support A/B testing with front-end experiences
- Implement technical capabilities to help grow & understand our business, including but not limited to data visualization & behavioral analytics
- Perform code reviews, troubleshooting, & QA efforts to drive seamless & high-quality customer experiences
- 6+ years of software development experience with a primary focus on front-end technologies, ideally in creating & optimizing e-commerce websites
- Expert in analyzing & optimizing front-end performance
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues & code solutions
- Write clean, readable code & tests
- Knowledge of automation/deployment best practices & experience using / working with production deployment workflows
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience with Shopify & Recharge; headless Shopify experience a plus (Sanity CMS)
- Experience working with & processing data from web APIs (e.g., Google Analytics, Klaviyo)
- Experience with Netlify & AWS Lambda
- Experience with agile development environment & process
- Strong knowledge of QA best practices, identifying & resolving front-end errors & visual bugs
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
Cat Person & Harrys are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Cat Persons commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $122,400-$168,300, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.