Warby Parker is looking for a seasoned Security Engineer to join our Production Services team. In this role, youll collaborate with all of our engineering teams to ensure security best practices are consistently being met. You will be on the frontlines of identifying opportunities for improvement & dreaming up creative solutions. If youre passionate about security & looking to make a large impact in a small, collaborative environment, please read on!
What youll do:
- Champion application security by continually examining our e-commerce, point of sale, & ERP systems to identify & fix vulnerabilities
- Deploy & maintain existing (and new!) systems such as IDS, IPS, DLP, audit tools, logs, vulnerability management, WAF, & access control
- Monitor, respond to, & investigate all security breaches
- Master our cloud security by ensuring our AWS infrastructure is well protected
- Conduct penetration tests against our critical infrastructure & applications, helping guide & remediate findings from external pen testers
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve our tools & strategies, promoting a security-first mindset
- Identify social engineering weaknesses & vulnerabilities inherent to our existing policies & procedures & suggest educational opportunities
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of experience in a security role
- Passionate about DevSecOps & promoting security culture beyond the tech teams
- Curious about technology, with a deep understanding of TCP/IP suite, Linux, Cloud Technologies, application security best practices, encryption, etc.
- Experienced with BASH & Python (both the system & application)
- Strong knowledge of web applications security practices
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experienced with databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experienced with AWS & their security capabilities & best practices
- Computer science or equivalent engineering degree preferred
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.