Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Process Manager, Engineering Operations to join our Engineering Operations Team in our Atlanta location. The Engineering Operations team has high impact on the Engineering organization, tackling complex problems faced by Engineering, & is tasked with creating synergies, process improvements, & other solutions that help our Engineers work more effectively & efficiently. This role will also be a point of contact within Engineering for working with internal teams (Communications, People Ops, Talent Acquisition, Finance, Talent Development, Product teams, & IT) on processes related to Staffing, Departmental Onboarding, Promotions, Procurement, & Training & more topics as needed. This role does not manage people. Process managers, project managers, technical writers, & analysts make up the Engineering Operations team.
- Evaluate existing business processes within Engineering using qualitative & quantitative methods to identify & make improvements that reduce toil & streamline systems & processes across a diverse scope of topics, maximizing organizational process efficiency
- Create documentation outlining proposed departmental process improvements & work with appropriate stakeholders & cross-functional teams to obtain buy-in for changes & new ways of operating
- Lead the design & delivery of departmental process support documentation (e.g. work aids, process descriptions, checklists, templates, training, & guides) to assist with process implementation, adoption, & sustained maintenance
- Collaboratively manage implementation of those process improvements to ensure solutions address the right problems at the right time & can be implemented with minimal disruption to the business; communicate & disseminate information to the appropriate audiences (both within Engineering & cross-functional internal partner teams)
- Conduct ongoing analyses of process improvements to ensure they remain relevant & solve the right problems in a rapidly changing Engineering department
- Update departmental procedures & policies to ensure Engineering employees are knowledgeable about process changes, & work with training teams where necessary to create & execute process training
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a dedication to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing & adjusting organizational processes, procedures, business operations, documentation, & tools
- You have an understanding of diverse business processes across a wide range of topics
- You have implemented effective & efficient processes in a dynamic & collaborative work environment
- You are skilled at navigating dialogue & discussions up, down, & across an organization
- You are comfortable operating with a high degree of ambiguity & independence, while also remaining committed to the goals of a team
- You have critical thinking, planning, organizational, & time management skills to include summarizing information & clearly identifying key elements, patterns, results, or relationships
- You possess knowledge of process mapping/modeling & business process reengineering
- You have expert-level systematic investigational skills include gathering & analyzing data from multiple sources
- You demonstrate expert verbal & written communication skills, & are adept at working with teams & individuals at all levels within an organization
- You have the ability to maintain discretion & confidentiality in your work
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.