What is Slice
Slice is the leading marketplace connecting customers to the local pizza shops they love. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for customers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business. Slice evens the playing field for local pizzerias against both Big Pizza & Mass Marketplaces, & we want you to join our mission.
Slice has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide.Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of product managers, technologists, marketers & operational & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recentlyApples App of the Day?
Why you should be a Product Leader at Slice
This is a rare chance to
- Get in early & own a roadmap to craft world-class Product experiences.
- Join a high-performance team of Product pros from Amazon, AmEx, Gilt, eBay, Jet & more top NYC shops.
- Make a real difference both for the users feeding their friends/family & in the lives of 55,000 small business owners & the hundreds of thousands of people they employ.
What you'll do:
- Lead customer product strategy across App & Web, develop a roadmap to resource your strategy, & manage a PM team to execute on the plan.
- Develop, promote & manage both user-facing & business OKRs
- Lead cross-departmental Squads for the customer-facing Product to identify, prioritize, & execute on high-impact opportunities & keep everyone focused on the users Job To Be Done.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, & customer support throughout the Product process, including discovery, testing & scoping to drive successful launches & iterations.
- Through both your own data analysis & working with Slices Business Intelligence team, develop & test hypotheses to optimize the customer experience.
- Support our business development team on the discovery & execution of product partnerships.
- Report directly to the Head of Product
What we're looking for:
- 6-10 years of product management experience for transactional/marketplace web & mobile products
- Strong experience analyzing data to help develop insights.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate & partner well across, up & down the organization.
- Clear passion for Design Thinking & being a partner for Product Design.
- Strong experience agile software development processes.
- Experience with developing & executing AB & multivariate tests.
- Great Product Managers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries & a 401(k) plan with an employer match. (because youre worth it!).
- Full benefits package including medical, vision, & dental insurance to make staying healthy easy cheesy.
- Unlimited paid vacation (yep!). Youre an adult & life is busy. We trust you to get things done.
- $25 towards Slice every week, so you can throw your very own pizza parties (public or personal, we dont judge).
- Flexible work arrangements, because a life/work balance is important & this is the 21st century. Work how you work best!
- Discounted gym memberships, so you can work up a sweat in between pizza snacking.
- Weekly happy hours which are great for mingling with the Slice family or brushing up on your mixology.
- Weekly catered pizza lunches! Come on, you knew there was going to be pizza. But did you know it was gonna be weekly?
- Fully stocked kitchen featuring a plethora of snacks, coffees, teas, treats, (and likely leftover pizza) a true bounty of delights.
- Quarterly company outings & events. Dress fancy & celebrate your successes with pinkies up! (And pizza. There will be pizza.)
- Great office space located in the Flatiron District of NYC, steps away from Union Square & most train lines.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.