About the right team member:
Youre a skilled graphic designer with a passion for storytelling. And social media is your muse. You love the challenge of taking a complex story & distilling it down into bite-sized, Instagram friendly moments. You follow more professional social accounts than friends because you admire their craft. (No offense to your friends.) Youve got a secret Pinterest board full of creative advertising ideas you wish you had come up with. Youre constantly awed & inspired by your fellow creatives, always looking for opportunities to grow your own skill set. You strive for perfect, but dont let it stand in the way of something great.
In this role, you will collaborate with our copywriters to develop compelling & engaging social media content on both our paid & organic channels. You will be in charge of bringing social & digital video creative content to life from start to finish. Beginning with creative brief, you will translate your vision into storyboard concepts, work closely with business partners to address feedback, & work independently to bring your vision to life.
Your toolkit is scrappy. You will work on our small but mighty in-house creative team of brand designers, illustrators, & copywriters, & collaborate with cross-functional partners, including PMs, PMMs, & Product Designers.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Work hands-on with our in-house Marketing Team to concept, storyboard, produce animated video content for our social media platforms
- Pair with our Growth team partners to strategically version & optimize our creative
- Partner with our talented team of product & brand designers in our weekly design studios, providing one another feedback & perspective, creating a cohesive experience across our brand
- This is a full-time, onsite role located in our NYC HQ
You will be effective if you have:
- 3+ years experience in a marketing-specific, design-related field at a design agency or in-house team
- An eye for design as well as a hands-on ability to execute your vision
- A portfolio of exceptional work that reflects your passion for social media, inclusive of thoughtful, concept-led creative & an ability to tell complex stories with simplicity
- A strong sense of typography & type in motion
- Motion design & animation experience
- Video editing abilities
- Ability to rough shoot & retouch
- Proficiency within the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, & working knowledge of editing software like Premiere, Final Cut, AVID, etc.
- An ability to adapt to change in direction & an ability to own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight
- A collaborative working styleyou'll work with others to empower & encourage the proper use of the brand, & you are receptive to feedback
- Effective communication skillsyou can clearly articulate your design decisions & you're comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams & executives
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge on what content performs well across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, & Pinterest
- A strong grasp of direct response creative vs. brand creative & best practices for each
- A passion for data, infographics, & visual representation of abstract concepts
- Experience with financial advertising or an interest in personal finance
- A stellar (if snarky) answer to the question, How can we make this go viral?
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.