User Experience Design Educator
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training & development, offering a 12-week Diploma program in User Experience Design. BrainStation is currently seeking a UX professional to lead the delivery of our program through online & in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, & further develop their skills, while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting.
- Teach our 12-week User Experience Design Diploma program
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos, design challenges, & mentor the next wave of UX talent
- Co-create BrainStations full-time User Experience Design Program that will positively impact the lives & careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Actively work on writing & researching new content to teach the most up to teach the most up to date design skills to our students
- Apply BrainStations Agile Education methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills & apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform & tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
Successful candidates will have
- 3+ years experience as a User Experience Designer & a Bachelors degree/Diploma relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years work experience in the vocation
- Experience building & leading technical teams
- Expertise working with industry standard tools used to design & prototype software solutions, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & InVision.
- A deep understanding of design thinking & the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions
- Experience teaching, mentoring, managing projects and/or leading teams.
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic personality, & is someone who enjoys helping others & facilitating learning
- A proven ability to work under pressure & meeting deadlines
- A strong work ethic with the utmost integrity & desire to excel & succeed
- A sincere passion for education & creating positive learning experiences for others
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training & development, with courses, workshops, events, & corporate training offered online & in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver, & Boston. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 350 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 70,000 professionals & some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, & will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, & the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses & online.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning & that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.