Vimeo is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our Mobile Apps product team. This role will be responsible for ensuring our video creators have the right tools to easily & successfully create, publish & track their desired video. As a senior designer you will help create a strategy that accounts for the opportunities & limitations of mobile & aligns with the needs of Vimeos users. You will be responsible for collaborating with related product areas on the desktop web product to keep the experience consistent & advocate for prioritization, understand tradeoffs & justify diversions. This position requires a broad understanding of the entirety of Vimeos product offerings & a strong ability to build with impact in mind.
We need a pragmatic, detailed-minded designer with a strong desire to create amazing products! Someone who has a strong visual point of view & loves working quickly to generate many different ideas. You should thrive on close collaboration with a cross-functional team & be prepared to lead the way in reimagining how we make the power of video accessible to everyone.
What you'll do:
- Design accessible & mobile-first experiences for Vimeos video creators
- Innovate & create intuitive tools that will assist users in creating the right video to serve their needs
- Partner with your Product & Engineering partners to launch & iterate premium product features & experiences across mobile platforms.
- Help define future needs & requirements for comprehensive cross-platform features for both search & machine learning with your product partner
- Collaborate directly with other designers & product stakeholders to figure out how mobile user journeys fit into the entire Vimeo ecosystem
- Work with our Consumer Insights & Data team to directly engage with users & translate quantitative data & qualitative insights into informed design decisions & new product concepts
- Conduct user research & testing to validate ideas & designs
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Experience designing for mobile apps & an understanding of platform (iOS & Android) related best practices & guidelines
- Experience designing productivity & collaborative tools in mobile apps, preferably with a focus on video
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day hands-on design execution
- Excellent communication skills - can clearly articulate your design vision & rationale through verbal & written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- You are able to synthesize abstract concepts & unstructured flows into a simplified user experience
- You are thoughtful about inclusive design & accessibility, with an understanding of WCAG best practices
- You are able to be autonomous. You take initiative & ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners & other designers
- You have excellent user-centered design skills with a strong proficiency in Figma/Sketch & modern prototyping tools.
- You seek & provide feedback with a positive sense of curiosity
- Recent portfolio or samples of web and/or native app product design work informed by quantitative or qualitative user research as well as the process that led to their launch.
- You have empathy for users & you strive to help users achieve their goals
- Ability to implement & contribute to design systems
Targeted Base Salary Range: $116,000 to $169,000
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire & nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment & a candidates home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeos total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits & perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, tuition reimbursement, wellbeing resources, & more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs