Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code platform that digitizes the entire client lifecycle & eliminates dependence on paper for financial services & insurance companies. The companys patent-pending technology uses AI & machine transcription for risk assessment & digitization, utilizing each clients existing product & underwriting rules, layered on top of legacy IT systems. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology creates custom client onboarding & servicing forms using a drag-and-drop interface which can be implemented within weeks instead of months unlike most hard-coded technology builds. The result is an easy to use & streamlined front-end agent & consumer experience that significantly reduces operational costs & eliminates errors, while accelerating sales & business growth.
Some of the worlds largest insurance & financial companies use Unqork to define new business rules & deploy products/applications seamlessly & effortlessly without relying on costly development & maintenance of a code base. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals & has created an elegant paradigm shift in the way insurance & financial companies are able to operate.
What youll do:
As the lead engineer of the First Touch team at Unqork, you will forge the path for user experience & onboarding for the Unqork platform. This is a critical role in helping to design, build, & own an industry-changing product.
- Champion technical excellence & provide technical leadership by example on your team
- Contribute to the architecture & development of features to evolve the Unqork platform
- Partner with product managers to identify actionable opportunities, & design solutions that positively impact customer experience
- Participate as a primary stakeholder in planning the product roadmap, managing priorities, & in the day-to-day performance of your team
- Reach across teams to help accomplish cross cutting goals & clear blockers
Who you are:
- You are excited to mentor a cohesive, high functioning team in a fast-paced environment
- You are pragmatic in your approach to engineering & leadership
- You care about serving customers & delivering a great product
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, are diligent & self-motivated
- You are never done learning, & seek opportunities to continuously hone your craft
- You are up to speed on industry best practices, such as TDD, CI/CD, & eager to spread your knowledge
- You strive to architect elegant solutions to otherwise complicated problems
What were looking for:
- 5+ years of stack engineering experience, including 2+ years leading a team of engineers
- Experience collaborating with product managers, resulting in a successful track record of releasing quality, adopted software
- Familiarity with MongoDB
- Technology startup experience
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, & proud to be committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.