Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Innovation & Design (I+D) is a global client facing organization that sets Visa's public innovation agenda, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands & platform providers, & promotes hands on incubation & rapid prototyping to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients & partners.
I+D runs innovation centers in various regional offices, this function focuses on Visa's Asia Pacific region & includes major markets such as Australia, Singapore, Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Thailand among others.
Key responsibilities (percentages are guides only)
- (70%): Support end-to-end co-creation projects with Visa's largest clients & strategic partners across AP
- Areas of support include research, user interviews, design, group facilitation, & logistics
- This is a direct client facing role with deep multi-week work with client teams on digital projects
- (20%) Support Visa's I+D team in intelligence gathering for co-creations as well as help build new content, narratives, stimuli
- (10%) Support Client Briefing Center Tours & Discovery sessions
What are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Students pursuing a Diploma in Business, Business Information Technology, Information Technology, User Design Experience or related fields
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong command of English - written & oral is a pre-requisite
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business knowledge & creativity/design skills.
- Experience or knowledge in user experience design and/or design thinking is a huge plus
- Must be able to work in a dynamic startup-like team environment with a diverse team
- Energetic, positive, with a can do attitude
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from Feb/Mar 2020 onwards. The minimum duration for this internship is 3 months.