We're looking for a process-driven external accountant to work directly with our experienced team of CPAs & startup clients. The accountant will handle the day-to-day accounting, managerial accounting, & financial activities for our startup clients. This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong desire to work for & with exciting & growing startup companies. This is a hands-on position that requires approximately six years of accounting experience.
We are looking for candidates with experience, drive, & passion.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits, based in Short Hills, NJ.
Some of what youll do:
- Work closely with internal teams & startup clients to help drive process improvement
- Assist with all aspects of accounting from recording transactions through management reporting & ad-hoc analyses
- Process AP, AR, & other transactions
- Perform bank & other reconciliations
- Update/create supporting schedules for financial statements
- Process payroll for clients
- Perform month-end close activities
- Assist in all aspects of preparation for meetings with portfolio companies
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Just to name a few.
Who are you:
- You have 5 years minimum of accounting experience
- You have a BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- You have or are actively pursuing your CPA licensure
- You have QuickBooks Online experience; QuickBooks Certification Preferred
- You have deep expertise in relevant accounting & control practices & experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close process, & financial reporting
- Youre an entrepreneurial self-starter & team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience designing, implementing, & managing financial accounting & ERP systems
- You have a high degree of personal motivation, work ethic, & professionalism
- You can prioritize given tasks & work efficiently towards completing them
- Enthusiastic about working for & with growing startup companies
Youll love working at Graphite because:
- Balance. We encourage you to take the time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places, hobbies, or TV shows
- Were not just an employer. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental).
- Well invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to many professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- Were fun.
Graphite Financial is a growing boutique finance, accounting & strategy firm (www.graphitefinancial.com) built to help startup companies scale efficiently & sustainably. We were born in 2008 in NYC, supporting ff Venture Capitals portfolio of early-stage companies. In 2016, Graphite Financial spun out & began working with the broader startup community. We are a team of certified public accountants, analysts, entrepreneurs & venture capitalists who are passionate about partnering with early-stage companies to help them succeed. Our roots give us a unique vantage point that extends well beyond vanilla finance & accounting matters. In other words, were more than just bookkeepers, though were great at that too.