Since its founding in 2012, Paxos has sought to enable the movement of assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to commodities to securities--will be digitized & move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. By seeking the highest forms of regulation & compliance, Paxos has distinguished itself within the blockchain industry & earned the trust of discerning institutional & individual investors.
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar & the worlds first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. It is the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- PAX Gold (PAXG) is a digital asset where one token is backed by one fine troy ounce (t oz) of a 400 oz London Good Delivery gold bar, stored in Brinks gold vaults.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody & OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities & FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 & has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will have influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, & spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, & strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, & flat organization responsible for developing our industry leading products. This role will be reporting to our COO. If youre looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business & the future of finance, then this is the job for you!
Who You Are:
- You are a experienced engineer who is master of site reliability engineering with a focus on security.
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. Strong understanding of infrastructure architecture & security best practices & implementation.
- You are able to understand & articulate the design & architecture of the entire system.
- You embody our culture & values
- You drive velocity & efficiency for software development, infrastructure, & deployments through simple designs & infrastructure as code
- You are an expert in AWS security infrastructure & secure build pipelines & deployments
- Understanding & experience with at least one compliance framework
- Experience in requirements identification, solution analysis/testing, & product selection
- One of the following security certifications ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or SANS GIAC Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX)
What Youll Do:
- You will own the delivery & execution of your SRE & security objectives by judiciously managing time & resources
- You will develop a cost-effective, security tool coverage strategy for engineering
- You will analyze, install & configure security tools, frameworks, & systems
- You will assess, measure, & monitor the security processes used to build, integrate, deploy, scale & manage a 24/7 multi-region production environment
- You will implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging), high availability software engineering, & security
- You will discover & resolve vulnerabilities using a risk-based approach
- You will develop a set of engineering security standards & best practices for the organization & drive security awareness throughout the engineering organization
- You will work with product teams to ensure security is included in all phases of product development
- You will develop strategies to respond to & recover from security incidents
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, & pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in the Flatiron District with a smart & passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.