Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, & more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, & responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
Were looking for an experienced & versatile Copywriter to support all marketing efforts. In this role, youll push the Jackpocket brand forward with clear, clever, & engaging copy for emails, ad campaigns, in-app content, our website, video, & more. Youll transition seamlessly between projects tailored to various Jackpocket audiences from app users to partners, investors & career seekers. Youll partner with product, design, & marketing team members to tell stories about Jackpockets brand, product, & community. Last (but not least), youll help evolve the voice of our brand as we expand throughout the US market.
- Produce outstanding content across multiple channels: ads, email, in-app content, web, blog, tv, video, customer support resources & beyond.
- Uphold Jackpockets brand voice & style guidelines consistently across all messaging
- Help evolve the voice of the brand
- Partner with marketing, design, & product team members to develop & support strategic campaigns & projects
- Manage writing projects from start to finish with minimal oversight
- Integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders; successfully communicate copy choices & the rationale behind them
- Apply learnings from metrics & results & carry those learnings from one project to the next
- Edit copy for other team members across Jackpocket at large who have content requests or questions
- Build & maintain a deep understanding of our product & our users so you can create content that resonates
- Bachelors degree
- Experience writing content for a consumer-facing company on digital mediums including websites, apps, social channels, email, & video
- Proven ability to tailor your communications to different audiences, channels, & situations; please include a link to your portfolio
- Strong multitasker who can prioritize your workload in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Consistent & sharp attention to detail
- Ability to self-edit & edit the work of others
- Ability to interact productively during brainstorming & kick-off meetings, work independently, & collaborate among team members
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- B2C marketing experience for mobile apps
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with a CMS a plus
- Medical insurance covered up to 100% by Jackpocket
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits & Citi Bike membership
- Discounted gym membership
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Flexible working hours
- Autonomy & upward mobility
This is a full-time exempt position & is not eligible for overtime under FLSA requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Jackpocket is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, & reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, & activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.