Breather creates & curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve & unlock via our web & mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries & backed by some of the best investors in NYC & Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive & inspired work & are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, & we want you to help us achieve them.
Were hiring a head of accounting to join our Finance team. You are professionally well balanced in accounting, you know how to build & develop an accounting team, & youre hands on with day to day operations. Reporting to the CFO, the head of accounting supports the Executive team & coordinates the day to day accounting operations of the company.
As Head of Accounting at Breather, You Will:
- Manage day to day accounting operations across our global business, including AP, AR, month end close, payroll
- Prepare timely & accurate consolidated financial statements for internal stakeholders, investors & Board of Directors
- Responsible for executing the global monthly financial close process, including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations & budget-to-actual reports
- Identifies & implements continuous improvement initiatives to automate & accelerate the financial reporting process
- Oversee tax & treasury; assist & support outside counsel on all required tax filings & optimize treasury & transfer pricing
- Provides accounting support for corporate tax returns, annual audits & new finance software implementations
- Manage & report cash flow on weekly & monthly basis
- Ensure compliance with state, federal & foreign regulatory requirements & professional standards
Helpful Skills & Experience You'll Need to Succeed:
- You ideally have 8 - 10 years of professional accounting experience in a fast paced environment (combination of Big 4 & high-growth environment is ideal)
- You have built & developed accounting teams
- You have a solid understanding of IFRS accounting & how to research for the appropriate IFRS conclusions
- You have a proven track record of holding organizations accountable to their budgets, of controlling & optimizing cash flow & improving internal financial processes
- You have experience in cross border accounting Canada, US & EU a plus & are used to working in organizations with multiple subsidiaries operating in different jurisdictions
- You are very detail oriented, but with an ability to discuss high level
- You are highly organized, with an ability to juggle several tasks at once & interface with remote teams
- You ideally have strong comprehension of English & French
- Experience with Netsuite is a must
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks & Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks & benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary & company options
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you & benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage. Oh, & its on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, theyll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!