Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
The Sr. Advertising Operations Manager will be overseeing a team of Campaign Managers who are responsible for accurately implementing online advertising campaigns across all Vox Media networks & diverse set of products including programmatic, podcasts, video, content, Concert & display. This role will collaborate with the companys Sales, Client Success, Editorial, Creative, & Product teams.
An ideal candidate would have experience managing a team of Ad Operations Traffickers supporting a sales organization.
What Youll Do:
- Work with Vox Media Campaign Managers & outsource resources to ensure accurate execution of campaigns across direct & programmatic
- Serve as technical implementation lead across all Vox Media revenue
- Mentor & provide professional career development to the team of Campaign Managers
- Help to continue to evolve the Ad Operations departments process to increase productivity & communication internally & externally
- Troubleshoot & resolve any ad delivery or discrepancy issues
- Work directly with Sales Leadership & Client Success Leadership to work through any internal issues & providing solutions to problems that may arise
- Seen as a resource on technical Ad Ops capabilities that Sales Leaders can turn to for advice
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with the latest vendor updates that the Campaign Managers use such as GAM/MOAT/Operative/Adjuster
- Establish process & protocol for pre-launch & post-launch QA to ensure a successful campaign launch
- Provide internal & external clients with exceptional customer service & support
- Organize training for the team on new ad products & platforms
- Work with third & fourth party vendors on any issues that may arise with a campaign
- Partner with Revenue Product on systems improvements & bugs
- Collaborate with the product team, editorial team, & ad sales in successfully launching integrated sponsorships
- Lead with integrity & oversee the hiring & onboarding of new Campaign Managers
What Youll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record
- Previous knowledge in client services, ad operations & serving solutions a plus, especially GAM & DV360
- Strong technical aptitude across Media platforms & Ad Servers: Sizmek, Innovid, Moat, OperativeOne
- OTT knowledge is a plus
- 4+ years previous experience managing a trafficking team
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with various levels of the organization
- Ability to handle a heavy workload & mediate many demands & requests with a solutions-oriented lens
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility & strong attention to detail. Willingness & ability to learn & do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion
- Effective team player: roll-up your sleeves up mentality
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills. Strong MS Excel skills are preferred
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.