Marketing Manager, Acquisition for Walmarts E-Commerce Home Category
Our Mission in the Walmart E-Commerce Home Category is to Make a Beautiful Home Possible for Everyone. Everyday were working in different ways to democratize style & to empower our customers to discover the better in every room of their home, no matter their constraints around effort, time & money. At Walmart, we want to help people Save Money. Live Better. For our target customers, that starts with creating a home they love.
The Marketing Manager for Walmarts E-Commerce Home Category will report into the Associate Director, Acquisition & play a key role in changing perception of Walmart as a destination for Home & driving consideration amongst higher value customers. This involves launching private & national brands; storytelling around trending styles; growing our customer base; & generally blowing peoples minds with the amazing home dcor they can achieve shopping at Walmart. You will partner with your merchant counterparts on the retail side to ensure our marketing strategies & executional plans are locked & loaded.
Additionally, you will partner with internal Paid & Unpaid channel owners across SEM, SEO, Affiliates, Display & Paid Social, & PR; as well as collaborate with external Media Partners to develop & optimize our programming. You will brief-in creative teams & judge ideas.
Walmart.com is a rapidly growing division of Walmart & this opportunity is perfect for someone who has a growth mindset; a passion for progress; adaptability; & humanity. Kindness is a filter for us. If youre a marketer with a blend of performance marketing experience, strategic thinking, & creative ability, this could be a perfect opportunity for you.
Marketing planning, execution & creative asset development (50% of time)
- Input into Homes annual marketing strategy & operating plan
- Lead Acquisition marketing program execution with guidance from the Associate Director
- Maintain marketing calendar & ensure alignment with retail priorities
- Work closely with Content Curation & Site Merchandising Teams to ensure seamless storytelling & consumer journeys between Paid marketing & site experience
- Partner with the Affiliates Team to develop & execute integrated Content programs
- Participate in campaign briefings, creative briefings & asset development planning
- Judge & approve creative assets according to the brief
- Contribute to weekly meetings with the retail team by providing relevant marketing updates
- Support the Associate Director in identifying & selling-in vendor-funded co-op opportunities in conjunction with Walmart Media Group
Insights & Analytics (50% of time)
- Monitor the markets in which we play & the competitive environments & turn observations into insights & recommended actions
- Develop knowledge of the latest innovations & opportunities impacting the marketing landscape, our partners & our competitors through regular connection points with external media & creative partners
- Develop a deep understanding of customer habits (online & offline) through partnership & regular status with Marketing Analytics
- Use reporting dashboards to monitor our performance on a daily & weekly basis, finding areas of opportunity or enhancement
- Strong organization & project management skills to keep all parties on track & ensure flawless execution
- Build strong relationships with retail, marketing channel partners & creative teams
- Bring a positive attitude, curiosity & openness to work with you every day
- 3-5 years relevant experience in B2C marketing, agency or brand management. Project management experience is a plus
- Proven track record of supporting high-performing marketing campaigns that exceed revenue & customer targets
- Experience in at least one area of performance marketing including acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing & partnerships. Previous acquisition performance is a plus
- Strong analytical acumen. Willingness to get hands dirty & bring clarity to complex problems
- Strong organization skills & ability to work effectively & collaboratively across a cross-functional team
- Proactive, curious & comfortable in fast-paced environment with multiple projects & priorities
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Customer mindset with knowledge/interest in retail & passion for Home
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.