When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Territory Manager, within the Marketplace+ team, youll be responsible for acquiring, educating, developing & delivering the Deliveroo strategy within a given region, focusing on Marketplace+ commercial objectives & personal KPIs.
For the right candidate, this position has strong opportunity for progression & will jump-start a successful career within the tech space.Whilst we've grown enormously over the past 4 years, weve still got a move-fast, take ownership mentality. As part of a newly formed team, youll have a chance to leave your footprint on our future Marketplace+ strategy.
What Youll Do:
- Own the geography & have extensive knowledge of delivery restaurants within a defined area, with specific focus & regular call-age on the top/developing accounts.
- Youll be responsible for the progress of your portfolio of restaurants. Ensuring they continue to grow through strong operational performance & profitability.
- Youll be required to analyse data from hundreds of accounts & make decisions as to which accounts you should be focusing on to drive results
- Youll need to help to find new & innovative ways of driving growth & success within your specific territory
- Achieve all sales, operational & ancillary KPIs.
- Maintain & manage the CRM system to continuously drive knowledge of the area & accounts within.
- Maximise all opportunities for Deliveroo in outlet, including the implementation of regionally/nationally agreed activity.
- Implement creative solutions to capitalise on opportunities.
- To showcase trade activity as required.
- To feedback trade intelligence as required.
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious & motivated to work within a fast-moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
(Remember, this is just a guide, & if you see something you cant tick off good, you can learn here)
- A degree (this is a great role for grads with an entrepreneurial mindset)
- Be comfortable looking at & acting on data
- Experience & confidence in talking to multiple different restaurants
- Ability to take ownership & work within demanding targets
- An interest in all things food & restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do if youre not into food, you soon will be.
- Perseverance & grit youre a hustler & youre not afraid
- Competitiveness youll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals & together)
- Curiosity youre a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone & test new ideas
- Top notch people skills you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of accounts
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.