We are a group of experienced startup and media operators working to create a portfolio of hyper-targeted publications that will provide executives with industry intelligence, technical updates, and best practices. Our mission is to disrupt traditional business media by offering actionable journalism.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a hungry and entrepreneurial growth leader to join our early stage team. As the first hire, you will play a pivotal role in all aspects of the sales and marketing function, including: building our processes, go to market strategy, sales operations, marketing and full sales cycle. You will work side by side with the CEO to build a credible operation for scale, eventually overseeing a team. If you are passionate about early stage businesses, understand the changing horizon of online media, and want to help build a company from the ground up, this opportunity could be for you.
This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Ideate, test, iterate and implement creative, cost effective ways to grow initial customer base; lead in defining strategic plan for all sales practices, including setting and achieving monthly and quarterly sales targets
-Partner with the CEO to develop and operationalize a go to market strategy, as well as oversee the development of all sales processes, materials and the customer acquisition pipeline; this includes implementation of a CRM that can support significant scale
- Work closely with prospective and existing clients to understand business opportunities and tailor offerings based on conversations, as well as build and maintain relationships with a growing number of industry stakeholders
- Liaise with executive management and investors to ensure sales goals are realistic, while also providing feedback and guidance for the business as a whole
- Remain up to date on industry trends, paying special attention to potential market problems and opportunities in order to anticipate for and solve issues
- 5+ years of experience as a growth hacker in early stage businesses
- Proven track record of growing initial customer bases of early stage organizations
- Experience creating, then managing sales operations
- Proven ability to surpass quarterly sales goals
- Past success owning the full sales funnel
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills