Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Our Membership Engineering team sits within our Consumer Engineering team. We are smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, & work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
At Rent the Runway, you will architect, design, develop, deploy & operate iOS applications that are used daily by our passionate members. Youll be the technical overseer for a department, contributing hands-on in a team, while guiding technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development & delivery, architecture & evangelize best practices in mobile. We believe that every person deserves a Cinderella experience, whether they are a first time user or monthly subscriber. Many of our millions of members have used Rent the Runway for the most important events in their lives, & in the process, we are changing the meaning of ownership & revolutionizing retail.
What You'll Do:
- Drive technical projects to success & provide direction in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution & success of our Mobile Strategic initiatives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, & Design
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder & removing roadblocks
- Guide prioritization efforts, contribute to future roadmaps, & provide mentorship to others
- Drive continuous improvement for the release process
- Deeply care about the happiness & careers of others
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You have extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- You have a hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience building iOS applications using Objective-C & Swift
- You have a strong command of algorithms, data structures, & best practices
- You have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration & ingenuity
- You have a solid understanding & previous experience with distributed system performance analysis & optimization
- Youre able to understand, diagnose, & effectively articulate technical obstacles & solutions
- Youre able to handle ambiguous problems & make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.