Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology & human-centered design, were looking to improve the quality & affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare & Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, & well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What Youll Do
In close collaboration with our Engineering team, Galileos Security Engineers will help build our security-first culture & identity. This is an opportunity to utilize new technologies in securing a diverse set of applications. Specifically, you will:
- Continue to automate our incident detection & remediation procedures by using our SIEM solution
- Build out our infrastructure to monitor security events from our Docker services
- Develop infrastructure to improve access monitoring for applications & databases
- Find & patch vulnerabilities in our web & mobile applications
- Strengthen our configuration automation & security maintenance on local endpoints
- Perform vulnerability tests on all of our resources
- Participate in design reviews & code reviews, applying a security focused mindset
Who You Are
You are interested in designing, building, & maintaining security systems, both locally (employee & patient devices) & in the cloud (AWS). You have hands-on experience performing vulnerability tests & security assessments, on both cloud infrastructure & application infrastructure. You keep up-to-date with the tech industry landscape of security threats, & know how to identify & patch relevant security holes. You enjoy using metrics to find & remedy anomalies. You have configured & maintained an alerting system through a Security Information & Events Management (SIEM) tool. You understand how to develop & enforce strict security & data access policies, regarding HIPAA assessments & evaluations. You are fluent in scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc. You thrive in a collaborative environment, where responsibility & ownership are shared.
Technologies We Use
- AWS (ECS Fargate, RDS Aurora, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, CodeBuild)
- OpenVPN Access Server
- Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana
- Google SAML
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds & experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, & other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence & sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect & trust. We appreciate candidates who are open & honest about what theyre looking for so we can ensure its a fit on both sides.