We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We are hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Maintenance Lead in Newport, OR. This person is a hard-working individual who will embody our values while ensuring the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties are met. This person will manage a small group of maintenance technicians & work closely with the local management team.
What youll do
- Lead the maintenance operations in Newport, OR, traveling between multiple worksites each day
- Create a welcoming environment for our guests & owners by ensuring our homes are well maintained through preventative maintenance & regular inspections
- Directly respond to guest issues regarding maintenance, as needed
- Appliance troubleshooting
- Cable/wifi troubleshooting
- Basic HVAC repair
- Light plumbing
- Order, maintain, & replenish maintenance supplies & inventory
- Assist with scheduling & distribution of tickets
- Manage a team in a time-sensitive environment
- Youll be called upon after normal business hours, on weekends, & on holidays
- Respond to or delegate after-hours calls, as necessary
- Ensure maintenance staff follow through on assignments & give instructions regarding work methods & routines
- Support your team & model the behaviors & actions that you expect from your team with attention to detail, professionalism, productivity, & reliability
- Provide input on performance evaluations, resolving problems, & implementing disciplinary action with assistance from your manager & Human Resources
- Establish & maintain open, collaborative relationships with team members & management team
- Correspond on a regular basis with your local management team & team members
- Be available & willing to assist your colleagues & management team when necessary
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager & Co-Lead(s) when necessary
- Meet with homeowners & talk about possible repairs & upgrades
- Maintain hot tubs as needed; no experience necessary - we offer on-site training
- Collect & remove trash & debris
- Maintain required Maintenance metrics on efficiency
- Attend all mandatory individual & team meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned - because every day looks different
The skills you'll need
- Reliable, consistent transportation
- Driving inclement weather conditions as required
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings & evenings as needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive & reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to stand, sit, & walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead & below the waist
- Push, pull, & lift less than or equal to 20 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, & twist
- Adhere to all company policies & procedures
- Comfortable working with iPhones, computers & the internet/email
- $250 Sign-On BONUS
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option based on hours worked
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits based on hours worked
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts based on hours worked
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.