The Creative Team is seeking a Senior Video Editor/Motion Designer to produce & edit all things video. Our team supports the creative needs of, & produces content for First Look Media & all of its brands, with a majority of that support allocated toTopic. Projects will include editing video for promos, sizzles & trailers, working with a producer / editor to organize & produce shoots, editing captured footage for original social first content series, creating one-off videos & animations to be used as original content & / or to support an editorial piece, creating explainer videos, & overall motion graphics & video support.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with our brands, the digital media industry, & all of the platforms where our presence & content live, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TV Apps (Roku, AppleTV), & Snapchat. They should also have a passion for supporting independent voices, storytelling & journalism, & an appreciation for meaningful content.
We are looking for a talented & creative storyteller that is incredibly hard-working, highly motivated, organized & efficient, adaptable, professional, collaborative, supportive, a great communicator, & with an overall great work ethic.
- Create video promos, teasers, trailers across all First Look Media brands.
- Create sizzle reels, showcasing our content for use on website & in presentations.
- Animate motion graphics to improve storytelling across all brands.
- Edit BTS footage as bonus content.
- Help to shoot in-house interviews & one-off videos, including rental equipment selection, hiring & managing DPs & crews to assist if needed, & within budget.
- Going on location to shoot interviews, b-rolls, & other content needed for projects, & edit that captured content.
- Help to ideate, organize logistics, & produce shoots.
- Work collaboratively with a producer/editor to tag team shared projects.
- Own individual projects from conception to completion.
- Work directly with the head of creative & other stakeholders to constantly push, evolve, & elevate the work.
- Work closely with project managers & keep them in the loop regarding status of our projects.
- Host workshops & tutorials to share any tips & techniques that may help the collective team grow or improve process.
- Keep up to date on top of industry trends, advancements & new storytelling techniques that could elevate the FLMs brands.
- Pulling stills from video for thumbnails.
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of related experience as a video editor / motion designer.
- Significant experience in editing with Adobe Premiere & animating with Adobe AfterEffects.
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems, multi-task, & prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills.
- Experience telling emotionally compelling stories through video.
- Experience using stock audio tracks, audio enhancements & sound design to elevate the brand.
- Experience using color correction to enhance quality & consistency of video.
- Experience renting & operating cameras, lighting & other shoot equipment.
- Incredibly creative, organized, efficient & dedicated to creating quality work.
- Ability to take & give feedback as a process & a means to continually improve, grow & pivot as needed.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines & to prioritize the needs of multiple assignments.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves & get things done in a startup environment.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast paced environment.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.