Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a Developer Evangelism Manager for the Asia Pacific region who can help us inspire & equip the developers who will build the future of communications. In this role you will split your time between "player", directly serving developers through community event participation & content creation, & "coach",managing day-to-day operations, performance & career growth of a team of Evangelists building relationships with developers in Asia. As part of the Developer Network, this role will play an important part in driving the success of Twilios overall developer relations strategy.
- You are a servant leader. You believe that in order to win, you must elevate everyone around you. You put the needs of the people you serve first, helping them develop & perform as highly as possible. You take pride in helping those you serve get the spotlight.
- You are a builder. A web developer. You understand the basics of the HTTP request & response cycle. You've written enough Python, PHP, Node, C# (.NET) or Java code to have opinions on the different web frameworks of a specific programming language, or even across multiple programming languages. You've built things yourself & know what it's like to commit to a repo & ship a release.
- You are a teacher. You understand that teaching sometimes requires much patience, but are driven by the immense satisfaction of seeing the light bulb go off in your students' heads. You are endlessly curious about & excited by technology. You know that there are usually smarter folks in the room & you're eager to learn from them.
- You can inspire & effectuate change. You can paint a picture of a world that's not yet reality & inspire people to follow you to build that world. Youve got the discipline to think through up front what needs to be done, but the agility to pivot when plans need to change.
- You are a Doer. You're not afraid to get your hands involved in executing the day-to-day tactics if that's what it takes to turn your vision into reality. You can hold yourself & those you serve accountable for a set of priorities & measures.
- You are a community member. You've been actively involved in a developer community & understand how its organized & where there are opportunities for leadership. You have opinions about how a brand can authentically engage & build relationships with developers.
We encourage candidates who have served or participated in underrepresented developer communities to apply, as this aligns closely to our values & priorities.
All candidates must have excellent reading comprehension, listening, & writing skills in English. Language proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin Chinese, or Korean is a bonus.
As a Developer Evangelism Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Articulate a long term strategy for growing engagement between developers in North American & Twilio.
- DONT SETTLE: Define annual team priorities & measures of success. Ensure those priorities align with the broader Developer Network & Marketing team priorities. Monitor & regularly report on progress toward priorities measures both down to your individual contributors, as well as up to leadership.
- BE AN OWNER: Define & manage an annual & quarterly planning process including budget spend & event sponsorship planning. Oversee the execution of event sponsorship processing & event logistics.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching & mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Perform hiring & onboarding functions for new Evangelist roles in the Asia-Pacific & Japan region.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications & is composed of five teams that work closely with one another. Developer Evangelists inspire & equip developers by going to the language-centric & geographic communities where developers gather. Developer Educators challenge & empower developers by crafting world-class docs & training. Twilio Champions encourage & amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers. Developer Voices prompt & rally developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Twilio Startups inspire tens of thousands of startup founders, & to help them scale their businesses through our startup focused program. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them & help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a position based in Singapore. You will be given the ability to work from our local Twilio office or work from home. You can enjoy our incredible perks: a free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, bi-weekly All Hands & more.
While the Developer Network operates as a remote friendly, globally distributed team we also believe that part of leading a distributed team is going to where your team is serving developers in real life. This means you should be comfortable traveling 25-50% of your time. We also believe that in order to do this job well, you need a balanced work & home life. We offer generous PTO. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.