Appian is actively seeking an Appian Application Designer to develop the software applications that make up the backbone of the Appian Trial experience for all customers, prospects, & partners evaluating & learning about the leading low-code automation platform. Your primary responsibility will be to create, implement, & maintain cutting-edge applications featuring technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), & Machine Learning that power the user experience of this critical digital marketing asset.
The Appian Application Designer will also work directly with the product manager on a wide range of business, technical, & user experience initiatives, including:
- Creating new persona-driven user experiences using Appian
- Designing user activities that convey the product value
- Building enhanced reporting & analytics capabilities
- Supporting deployments & quarterly product releases
- Driving sales enablement & internal education
- Executing on a growth-oriented strategic product vision
Ultimately, you have the ability to balance focused Appian development & dynamic product management responsibilities in order to deliver a unique, high-impact experience that welcomes new users & learners to the platform.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Someone who thrives on dynamic & cross-functional teams
- Enthusiastic about making creative, memorable, & high-impact user experiences
- Passionate about technology & you enjoy continuously learning
- Not an order taker; asks why questions & solves the right problems
- A great communicator comfortable presenting to both technical & non-technical audiences
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field/degree
- 1-3 years of hands-on Appian development experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with AI/ML/RPA services
- UX design experience preferred
- Experience developing integrations using APIs & developing with Java preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, resolve problems, & meet deadlines
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.