Position Description: The Area Sales Director, Enterprise Sales is responsible for the development & business results of a team of quota-carrying Enterprise Account Executives in the Central U.S.. Each Account Executive is responsible for maintaining high activity standards; daily prospecting, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, & delivering assigned monthly sales revenue targets. The right Sales Leader for this position should have the ability to increase the productivity of account executives through skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution & building a highly empowered, constructive sales culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team of Senior Enterprise, Account Executives in achieving individual & team quota
- Support direct reports by participating & leading in client & prospect meetings or engaging other resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring & development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring & mentoring new reps
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- You will be reporting on sales activity & forecast to senior sales management
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, & tracking the results
- Quote, negotiate, & assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects
- Manage daily & weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts & closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate & lead weekly & monthly one-on-one & team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings & training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners
- Demonstrated success in leading a high-performing enterprise sales team within a software sales environment
- Experience of handling individual contributors
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
- Excellent presentation & listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- Ability to successfully hire & train new sales representatives
- Successful history of closing business, & over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment
- Collaboration & good communication skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% with reps
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.