About The Team
The Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & is responsible for analyzing, presenting & forecasting the financial & business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions. The team supports our Harrys brand in North America & UK, our Flamingo womens brand & our private label & manufacturing business in Germany.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical & collaborative person to join our Global FP&A team & support our existing & future brands. This person will collaborate with sales, R&D, & marketing to identify & implement strategies to help drive short & long-term financial performance. This includes supporting the business & financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, & identifying & recommending solutions as appropriate. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure & impact on senior-level decision making. The role will be based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel & close partnership with colleagues in our overseas offices.
What Youll Do
- Partner cross-functionally across brand teams to identify & communicate big-picture trends & drivers of revenue & analyze performance against our forecasts & long-term plan
- Provide financial guidance & support for our brand & operations teams to dissect spend & track back to key operating results
- Help drive the annual budgeting & quarterly reforecasting processes providing visibility on growth, profitability & liquidity
- Maintain & quantify risks & opportunities in business performance & conduct scenario & sensitivity analysis
- Build & maintain financial models to evaluate & support strategic initiatives, long term planning & corporate development opportunities
- Leverage existing organization tools & systems (eg. Adaptive Insights) to develop & report on metrics in order to identify inefficiencies & improve strategic decision making
- Participate in the preparation of all related monthly business review & Board materials
- Provide ad hoc financial & business decision support as needed
Background & Experience
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-3 years of experience. You are a 3rd year investment banking analyst in industry coverage, M&A or equity research with a record of executing/closing transactions. If you have under 3 years of investment banking experience, you have an additional 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance for an operating company
- CPG / retail industry experience is a plus
- Quick learner with excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of P&L & profitability analysis & strong working knowledge of accounting
- Expert Excel skillsyou were formally trained (e.g., Training the Street, training program at a bulge-bracket firm) & have extensive financial modeling experience (3-statements, detailed operating, cash flow, ROI analysis)
- Expert PowerPoint skills you draft high-quality, C-level presentations by default
- Experience using a planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan) is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data & presenting conclusions & recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust & gaining support across the organization
- Passionate about consumer businesses & motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, arent afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, & can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, & supportive in communications & takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability & relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Heres Who Youll Work With
- Report to the Senior Manager of FP&A & support our stakeholders in our brand teams to ensure they have the data & insight they need to drive business success
- Work directly with VPs & operational leaders
- Significant direct exposure to the senior leadership team
- Partner across the rest of the finance & operations teams globally
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.