GIPHY is the worlds largest place to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. Were the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more all integrate against our API to serve GIFS to their millions of users across the globe. We serve over 2 billion GIFS every day to more than 300 million people.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of GIFs. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us!
Were seeking a Product Manager to help define, guide, & drive GIPHYs API vision & strategy. The GIPHY API powers GIPHYs internal products, such as the website & mobile apps, as well as external partner integrations in major messaging platforms, the biggest social media networks, & thousands of indie developer apps. Our public API services billions of requests & traffics many petabytes of media per month.
What Youll Do:
- Define the product vision, competitive strategy, & roadmap for API products based on business objectives, partner requests & maximizing value to our users.
- Balance new features & partner requests with engineering initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with engineers & designers to define & deliver API products.
- Work cross-organizationally with Business Development, Account Management, & Editorial teams to gather requirements, negotiate priorities, & deliver product solutions.
- Work directly with external product & engineering teams to ensure were delivering the best experiences to our API partners.
- Own cross-team & company-wide communication around the API team & product.
- Maintain GIPHY API documentation for internal & external clients.
- Evangelize API vision & product both internally & externally.
What were looking for:
- 5+ years product management experience with technical products, ideally API, service-oriented, or B2B products.
- Experience leading product teams & managing products through the entire development lifecycle.
- Product management skills: extremely organized, good problem solver, strong communicator, positive attitude.
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies & processes.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, interacting with both engineering & business teams with the ability to lead via influence, patience, & determination
- Start-up experience a plus
- BS or MS in Engineering or Mathematics discipline is a plus