Were looking for a smart, energetic deputy editor to help lead the day-to-day operations for the BuzzFeed News world desk & impeachment coverage. Please note: this is a temporary two-month project-based role, working with the US-based BuzzFeed News team.
Our newsroom pushes for investigative stories, big & small, with real-world impact & a connection to the biggest stories of this cultural moment. The right person will find original stories to grab the attention of a large audience, & lead a team of reporters, located all around the world, in their day to day & enterprise reporting duties.
- Publish innovative, ambitious stories with real-world impact
- Manage & edit a wide mix of breaking news, enterprise, features, & investigations from a global network of reporters, & freelancers
- Sophisticated understanding of international affairs, & an ability to leap on stories including anything from US foreign policy in Ukraine & the impeachment inquiry, to womens rights in India, the trade war with China, political upheaval in Sudan, to the roots of street protests from Hong Kong to Chile, & the rise in surveillance technology.
- Help run a largely autonomous team within a larger newsroom, balancing its independence with collaboration across desks (particularly the Investigations, Tech & Breaking News teams)
- Manage the production of all of the teams stories, including coordinating with designers, copy editors, social curators, the PR team, & the newsroom lawyer
- At least 5 years of experience reporting and/or editing for a journalistic outlet, including landing investigative stories with real-world impact
- Experience turning complicated ideas into clear & lively prose
- Love for & excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.