Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit Refinery29 for more information & to browse content. You can also visit our French, German, US, & Canadian editions.
What Makes an R29er?:
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What youll do:
Refinery29 is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, proactive, & creative Senior Photo Editor, Research, to contribute to a fast-paced photo department. This position will work closely with the Executive Photography Director to lead photo research & stock image production across verticals from fashion, beauty, fitness, luxury, etc. This person is equal parts a creative visionary & an expert producer.
- Work closely with the editorial team to illustrate various stories across the site for categories ranging from Entertainment, Beauty, Fashion, Global News
- Manage the day to day needs of the Editorial Photo Research Department
- Managing, training, & mentoring junior staff
- Manage the production of all stock photo shoots for Refinery29 - including anticipating needs across every editorial category as well as managing production deadlines & shoot schedules
- Assembling creative teams for photo shoots, including photographers, hair, makeup, & stylists
- Art directing photo shoots on set & handling image selection in post
- Negotiate rates & licenses with photo agencies
- Be the key stake-holder on creative for the projects that you are assigned
- Photo research for long form features & Refinery29 initiatives
- Manage workflow & process for all photo research requests across the company
- Ensure that editors are adhering to proper photo research processes across all categories
- Manage & update all contracts in contract management system
- Keep relevant production documents updated
- Job duties may change as per business needs
What you have:
- Experience as a photo editor in an editorial or advertising photo department
- Vast knowledge of photo agencies & pricing structures as well as licensing terms
- Extensive Photoshop & retouching abilities, such as color correcting, siloing, layer masking, & image sizing
- Significant on set experience providing art direction
- Quick thinking & resourceful; with the capability to prioritize & be held accountable for multiple projects with fast turn-around times
- Excellent communication skills, extremely organized & collaborative
- Urge to push boundaries & be a thought leader
- Must have a positive & engaging work ethic
Refinery29 is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & commit to building an inclusive work environment & a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills.