At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Strategic Finance Manager will play an important role in helping the company achieve & exceed its growth & profitability goals. The successful applicant will work with all facets of the business to provide visibility on all things financial to key stakeholders, surfacing new insights & improving processes. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, able to communicate financial insights & recommend appropriate actions. Typical responsibilities include:
- Maintain the detailed one-to-five year corporate model, forecasting all three financial statements
- Consolidating & forecasting financial statements
- Report on, analyze, & provide proactive business insights into revenues & profits
- Develop & maintain forecasting models to help the company manage risk & uncertainty
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure timely & accurate financial closes
- Build partnerships with functional managers to understand drivers, trends, opportunities, & to share insights & recommendations
- Answer business questions succinctly through data
- Perform financial reporting ad-hoc projects & analyses
- This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Head of Investors Relations
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, & experience
- 5+ years of FP&A experience with 2+ years of experience in a subscription business a plus
- Background in corporate finance & equity research helpful
- Bachelors in finance, accounting, or quantitative field
- Strong analytical skills & demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail with the ability to keep the big picture in mind
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Able to multitask & thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Results-focused, team-oriented & a strong work ethic
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite & business intelligence tools a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.