Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Human Resources Development Program (HRDP) is approximately a 3-year program, with three 9-month rotations through HR & 1 six - month rotation within the business. The HRDP supports Visa's mission to recruit & develop future HR leaders with cross-functional knowledge & experience. The program provides exposure to multiple areas of Human Resources including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards & HR Consulting. In addition to meaningful rotations, associates are given training & development, mentoring, networking & leadership exposure.
Sample Rotational Assignments Include:
- Total Rewards: Design, implement & maintain compensation & benefit programs that are competitive with current industry trends & best practices
- Solid understanding of core HR business practices, processes, & terminology (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, recruiting, performance management, time & attendance) & ability to develop solutions for the business needs
- Ensure delivery on all project phases from scope, business requirements, planning, analysis, process design, vendor selection, testing & training
- Diversity & Inclusion (D&I): Ensure that there is a rich tapestry of skills & perspectives to inform our business & help Visa can drive, manage, & anticipate change.
- Reviewing current D&I initiatives to identify process improvements to recruit, retain & promote diverse talent;
- Conduct market research to determine best in class D&I effort to enhance Visa's current initiatives;
- Act as the primary source of contact for employee resource groups in terms of funding, event planning, & other activities, etc.
- Talent Management: From career management to succession planning to employee engagement, create the tools & strategy so Visa has the right skills in the right places.
- Support the annual review process by creating training materials & guides to assist manger & employees in completing annual reviews, etc.
- Talent Acquisition (TA): Connect internal & external talent to opportunities, & influence company strategy by hiring talented people to drive it
- Acting as a consultant & SME in hiring processes, HR related matters, compliance, compensation, leveling guidelines, immigration, etc.
- Developing sourcing strategies & research methods that are successful in attracting viable candidates through methods such as web sourcing, Boolean searches, candidate referrals, social networking, etc.
- Identifying, attracting, screening & securing top talent candidates, (both passive & active) for a variety of skill & experience levels
- HR Business Partners (HRBPs): Drive people initiatives across the company while also serving as advisors to business leaders on people-related strategies
Provide Human Resources expertise to lead business divisions in all aspects but not limited to employee relations, performance management, talent management/organizational development, rewards & recognition, growth & development & workforce planning with the support of the COEs
Ensure that Human Resources policy & advice to client group is in accordance with employment law, Visa strategy & best practice
Lead clients with the development of the most appropriate organizational structures & bring about effective organization & cultural change
- Employee Relations: Provide services to employees & managers, including management coaching, coaching on performance improvement plans, employee relations & investigations, enterprise wide program execution, policy development & organizational health metrics & trends
- HR Shared Services: Bring you a centralized location to ask all your HR-related questions.
- Prioritizing AskHR requests, responding to requests, & liaising with various cross-functional teams to properly respond to request that range from retirement eligibility to accommodation needs.
Masters Degree focusing on business, liberal arts, or human resources disciplines (e.g., industrial & labor relations, industrial & organizational psychology, organizational behavior, & law)
Graduate between December 2019 - June 2020
Excellent analytical abilities
Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
Proven leadership capabilities as demonstrated in professional, academic, or volunteer environment
Attributes such as a hunger to win, accountability, curiosity, authenticity, agility, candor
Willingness to take initiative, roll up one's sleeves, & get the work done.
Ability to understand business strategy & organizational structure
Application Deadline is October 10, 2019.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.