Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for a passionate digital connector to help us create compelling content & build community with our growing audience of developers & customers on social media. This person will help us amplify the Twilio story & help us expand our reach on new & emerging digital platforms. This individual will join a growing global Corporate Communications function thats sharing the creative ways developers are building great customer experiences with APIs.
- Enjoys engaging & building community on social media.
- Has 2-3 years experience running social media in B2B or B2C.
- Has experience with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, reddit, HackerNews, Quora, & other developer platforms.
- Keeps up-to-date on whats #trending & can have complete conversations with emojis & gifs.
- Demonstrates strong written & verbal communication skills & is able to express complex thoughts or ideas in 280 characters or less. (again, emojis & gifs are a plus).
- Loves to collaborate with a diverse team & work toward common goals.
- Is passionate to connect people & deliver timely, empathetic responses.
Twilios presence on social media is undergoing a major transition as we build our strategy to engage with our growing community of customers & developers that span the globe. Youll get to play a part in shaping how we communicate on social media & partner with teams across our company to help spread the Twilio Magic. As with most social media roles, each day can be wildly different & bring you new opportunities to flex your social media skills. An engaging day includes:
- Proactively listening to & engaging in conversations that are happening about Twilio & our products on social media.
- Being alert of trends on social & coming up with creative ways we can engage with them.
- Strategizing with product & marketing counterparts for how we communicate product releases, news, & updates.
- Working with our support team to triage customer issues & questions, ensuring were delivering timely & helpful responses.
- Developing & designing creative assets.
- Collaborating on editorial calendars & managing posts on our social media channels.
Driving awareness to a broad audience is a key element of Twilios marketing strategy & social media plays a large role in that. In addition to our own platforms, weve invested in equipping our entire company with tools & best practices to be our advocates on their personal platforms. Twilio is a dynamic & fast-paced culture where continually innovating & creating new strategies for growing awareness is required.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta. While working in our newest office, youll enjoy fully stocked snacks & drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.