Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users via scalable self-help tools, personalized support, & customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin, Portland, & remotely. The Internal Content team leads knowledge management & documentation for the department. At the forefront of every product, policy, & workflow change, we ensure Support Advisors & Associates are equipped with organized & trusted information they need to provide the best customer support.
As a Technical Writer, you'll create internal documentation, macros (canned support responses), newsletters, & other resources for Customer Support. You'll focus on specific areas of our internal procedures & the Squarespace platform. You'll work closely with your teammates, ensuring your content is accurate, aligned with Squarespace style, & meeting our audience's needs. This is a great opportunity for a writer or content strategist with a background in support in a technology company.
You will report to the Senior Team Lead, Internal Content & can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or from an approved remote location.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
Youll Get To
- Write & continually refine documentation covering specific areas of our internal operations, tools, the Squarespace platform
- Write macros (canned responses for support emails)
- Contribute to internal Customer Support email newsletters & blogs
- Work with KB Technical Writers, Quality, Training, Product Operations, Customer Support, & other team members across the company to identify & close gaps in resources
- Increase your product knowledge & stay updated with platform & policy changes
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews
- Help evolve the voice & knowledge management practices within Customer Operations
Who Were Looking For
- The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of experience in technical writing, content strategy, knowledge management, internal communications, L&D, or a related position in a technical customer support environment
- Experience building content strategy for specific operating procedures & product areas
- Excellent collaboration skills & ability to build relationships with team members in multiple geographies & teams
- Comfortable with checking your ego at the door - open to feedback from multiple partners to make a guide perfect
- Experience in a client-facing or customer service role
- Desire to simplify & iterate
- Experience with documentation CMS, project management, & bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to create internal support documentation. Examples could include articles, guides, or internal announcements.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.