Were looking for
Assistant Buyer for Mens
The right person to assist the Buyers in sourcing & managing the most coveted Mens brands.
What youll accomplish
- Learn the art & science of off-price retail!
- Ensure that all boutique checkoffs, event pricing & POs are created & completed accurately in order to have successful sales & prevent receiving issues at the warehouse
- Analyze the competition, market research & competitive shop on line & in person to bring fresh ideas to the team
- Analyze sales trends, inventory & margin to achieve sales goals
- Build relationships with international & domestic suppliers to obtain the most sought after product at the lowest price
- Constant exposure to all aspects of Rue business. Work closely with many of our amazing departments: Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative & Marketing, & have the ability to learn from all of these teams!
- You will learn to be an expert in excel & tableau
THE RIGHT FIT:
- 1-2 Years of Merchandising Experience
- Great experience in a retail environment using retail math
- Passion for product & a love of designer fashion. Are willing to start from the bottom & develop a long lasting buying career
- Detail oriented mind & are driven to achieve successful & profitable sales
- Kindness & are a natural team player!
- Proven analytical skills & are a risk taker
- A nice comfort working in Excel: You dont shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, & sorting
- Self Starter who once comfortable in the role is confident to take the lead on their daily/weekly tasks without direction.
Bonus points for
If youve got everything going on above, youre already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- You are flexible & have the ability to prioritize! Have the ability to be proactive, have great follow up & are able make important decisions under the pressure of meeting demanding targets.
ABOUT THE MENS MERCHANDISING TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! We gain access to the most in demand department store & high end boutique brands.
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 20 million members with coveted designers at an exceptional value. Two complementary brands, Rue La La & Gilt, utilize world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.