Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Sr. Engineering Manager at Intersection, you will help build the next-generation order management system to manage all of Intersections advertising orders. The OMS will seamlessly connect Intersections digital inventory with both internal & external buyers. You will recruit & manage a new team to design, build, & operate this next-generation platform that will help enable Intersections customers integrate & automate the ad sales & delivery process. This platform will also open up new revenue opportunities & streamline internal workflow. Youll be an integral part of efforts to shape, develop & manage our capabilities, implement & manage customer & product solutions, leveraging creative capabilities, data, & infrastructure across various owned & operated properties.
Within your first month:
- Learn & understand Intersections corporate, departmental & team goals
- Work with stakeholders & formulate a delivery plan for this high profile initiative.
- Work with the Product team to have a clear understanding of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with SysEng on setting up environments & CI/CD pipelines.
- Identify & incorporate tools needed for scalable API development.
Within your first three months:
- Gain a good understanding of the AdTech landscape & standards.
- Validate & revise project scope for alpha & beta releases.
- Ship an alpha release of the OMS APIs & get it operational with the pilot customer.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams & incorporate best practices.
Within your first six months:
- Work with product, design, & business partners & plan future enhancements for the order management platform (such as creative approvals & reserving inventory).
- Collaborate with the team on architectural choices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment & strategy.
- Hire additional team members to drive the v1.0 release.
You're great for this role because:
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- You have experience building large-scale software systems & are well-versed in contract first development.
- You thrive at simplifying complicated business use cases.
- You have expertise in Python (Django / Flask)
- You have proven experience working in highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- You have a track record of building & operating successful products & platforms
- You have strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- You are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations & cultures, in-person & virtually.
- You are change-agent capable of building vision & alignment
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.