As a Content Localization Specialist, you will undertake several projects to improve the quality of French content presented to Squarespace users. You will work directly with the Product Business Development team & report to the Content Localization Manager. As a Content Localization Specialist, youre passionate about languages & cultures, & strive to give our users a native experience across all platforms.
This position will be based in our Dublin, Ireland office & primarily liaising with colleagues in Dublin, Ireland & New York, USA. At this time however all Squarespace employees are working remotely. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Improve the quality of French content & review in context (Linguistic QA)
- Research industry-specific terminology to improve our glossary
- Review language feedback from Squarespace users & employees
- Implement SEO improvements
- Update voice & style guides when necessary
- French native speaker with English fluency, who has experience with business English
- Degree in a relevant field (French language, Journalism, Linguistics)
- 3 years of hands-on content localization experience both in web content & marketing content
- Time management skills, ability to multitask, highly organised, motivated to contribute & collaborate with the Content Localization team & cross-functionally throughout the company
- Passion for translations, peoples, & languages
- Experience with online translation software & ticketing systems (Smartling & JIRA a plus)
- Creative mind, attention to detail
- Interest in building a technical skill set in HTML & Markdown -- prior knowledge of either a plus, but not required
- SEO & content strategy skills a plus
- Experience in data management & vendor management are a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)