WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology teams mission is to Empower WeWork & its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support & services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure & IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, & easy-to-consume way. The technology we build & manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries & continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their lifes work.
As a Director of Technical Program Management at WeWork, you lead a team of Technical Program Managers that are driving complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects. You are expected to leverage your own engineering expertise to partner with executive leadership, internal & external customers to create strategy, & manage company wide programs that deliver against company goals.
Our ideal candidate is equally at home explaining their analyses, program objectives, recommendations to executives as they are with discussing technical trade-offs in program development with stakeholders.
You possess outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration. Ability to work well in a cross-functional, fast paced, collaborative matrix management environment is a requirement.
- Operate as part of a strategic cross-functional team responsible for creating the vision of Building Technology programs. Take the lead on converting the vision into an effective, high performing & cohesive team.
- Structure & execute operational & strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering & synthesizing meaningful data, leading analyses & developing, delivering & instituting final recommendations.
- Offer thought leadership regarding business, organizational, financial & operational strategy. Provide insightful data to guide decision-making & provide proactive & scalable solutions.
- Solve problems & get to the root cause of complex issues; design & quickly implement solutions that span multiple disciplines & partners.
- Engage in larger cross-functional programs & act as an influencer, integrator & coach for the global Building Technology Teams, serve as a point-of-escalation for problems within the organization & work with relevant parties to reach resolution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of relevant work experience.
- 4 years of experience managing leaders of teams.
- MBA, Master's degree or PhD in a Management, Technical or Engineering field.
- 3 years of consulting experience at an established firm(s).
- Experience defining, supporting and/or managing strategic decisions, or leading complex operational & strategic initiatives, & presenting to executives & communicating with highly technical management & product teams. Exhibits 10X thinking for forward-looking vision throughout.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends & develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Proven success in influencing through strong relationships, expertise & data. Ability to handle a complex set of stakeholders.
- Strong people leader with shown ability to motivate, mentor & lead high performance teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.