Smartling is a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 awarded SaaS company Headquartered in New York City with international offices in London & Dublin. Smartling uses market-leading cloud-based technology & data to improve language translation & localization outcomes.
The Sales Development Manager will build & lead a group of highly motivated sales professionals whose focus is to source & engage with high potential prospects. Your team will be the first point of contact with potential customers, they will qualify active buying interest & be a critical part of the bridge between marketing & sales to ensure new customer acquisition is consistent, high quality & frictionless.
You will report directly to the VP of Sales & work closely with Sales Leadership, Account Executives, Sales Operations, & Marketing teams, as well as oversee growth of the US Sales Development team. Oh, & having fun is also a requirement!
Tasks at Hand
- Create an exciting, ambitious & fun sales culture within a fast paced environment.
- Set the vision, strategy, & priorities for the Smartling Sales Development team.
- Inspire, coach & develop a team of Sales Development Reps that enjoy winning together.
- Lead headcount planning efforts to attract & recruit top tier talent.
- Own, drive, & accurately forecast activity & pipeline.
- Continually assess KPIs & implement team-wide initiatives to continually innovate & improve performance.
- As part of the global Sales Leadership team; regularly contribute to global sales strategy & planning activities.
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to implement programs to supercharge Smartlings customer acquisition.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations team to refine & innovate the tooling & process.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ Years of management experience.
- Top performer in SaaS, enterprise software sales.
- Passionate about coaching & developing people.
- Excellent writing, communication & presentation skills.
- Awesome ability to recognize patterns in sales cycles.
Nice To Have
- Sandler sales methodology training.
- MBA a plus!
- Understanding of localization & translation industry.
- Experience working with sales automation tools, e.g. SalesForce, Salesloft, Outreach etc.
- Results-focused. Exhibit commitment to goals & consistently deliver results.
- A team player. Work effectively & cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally & externally.
- Enthusiastic. A fun & energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. Ability to digest complex information & provide key insights.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & employee stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
- Team outings (bagel Mondays, baseball games, happy hours, etc).
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.